We, the Board of Trustees of the Chiloquin Vector Control District pledge to treat you, our customer, with respect and individual attention.
The goals of the District are to:
- Prevent new vector sources from developing,
- Abate existing vector populations and their sources in order to protect public health and comfort,
- Reduce the level of vector populations throughout the District, as well as reduce vector and human interaction,
- Reduce pesticide use within the District by source reduction and improving beneficial predator populations,
- Provide the best control service possible while being environmentally responsible.
What We Offer
- All pesticides are applied by licensed and insured employees of the District's Contractor.
- All pesticide applications are applied only after justified in accordance with our approved Pesticide Use Plan and the Pesticide Discharge Management Plan.
- The CVCD's policy is to utilize an Integrated Pest Management program. Source reduction and larviciding are the primary control methods.
- Truck or ATV mounted fogging is only used as a last resort.